That’s what I’m talking about! Boylan sneaks a last one in before the year plays out. Meticulous funereal Grime with an undead lumber – there’s almost a kind of Nosferatu-esque (1922 silent version) jerkiness and flicker to the swing and shuffle and dread laden bass grind. Sound system carnage guaranteed.
1. Abstrakt Sonance: Hatched 13 (Hatched)
2. Opus & Loudcutta: : ENC031 (Encrypted Audio)
3. Dalek One: ENC027 (Encrypted Audio)
4. Diggerz: Esoteric EP (Untied)
5. DubDiggerz: 40hz Burn (DeepEnd!)
1. Tommy Four Seven: 47013 (47)
2. VSK: 47011 (47)
3. Stave: Black Hills (Standards & Practices)
4. Sam KDC: Of Myth & Mercury (Auxiliary)
5. Ghost In The Machine: One Louder (Perc Trax)
1. Mumdance & Logos: FFS/BMT (Different Circles)
2. Pinch & Mumdance: Strobe Light/Control (Tectonic)
3. NKC: Tincture (Her)
4. Deapmash: Halcyon VIP (Leisure System)
5. N1L: Ikea Zen EP (UIQ)
1. Death Qualia: Intention Versus (Portals Editions)
2. Ena: Divided – Body (Horo)
3. Grey Area, Volume Five (Grey Area)
4. Vofa: Vitsia (Kafta)
5. Lee Gamble: Mnestic Pressure (Hyperdub)
AKA Sawf & ANFS, showing strong industrial literacy on the relatively new Athens imprint Kafta.
Two big tunes for me here: ‘Lisiaxte’ hammers out a leviathan beat of panning 120bpm fuzz, convulsing in a filthy radioactive swamp of bass murk – stifling in weight and reduced parameter. While ‘Ami’ belches out dismal, fog-horn pulses of polluted bass into a necrotic landscape. No compositional peacocking here, just brute repetition and creeping electronic drone that almost feels ritualistic and existential by the end.